Sunday, July 17, 2011

Santa Cruz

We are freshly on the road after our lunch/semi-sightseeing stop in Santa Cruz. I worked at a camp there 7(!) years ago, so Andy was nice enough to let me show it to him!














The last pic is the pool where I lifeguarded, and the others are different places around the camp. I did end up seeing someone that worked there the same summer I did, but I don't think she really remembered me (still nice, though), so I didn't want to do too much wandering/trespassing. After that, we went to grab lunch at:



It was fantastic, even though we had to get it to go (traveling with pets is rough!) and then we got to stop at one of the best ice cream places ever - Marianne's!









I did get us lost on the way to both places, but it wouldn't be a real roadtrip with me if we went straight to our destinations without any detours. Plus, the extra driving to ice cream afforded us the chance to drive along the cliffs:









(Santa Cruz lighthouse - for Jean!)








And clearly it was all worth it for some "Cocoanut Fudge" ice cream!!


(Insert Andy eye-roll here.)

Location:Dublin Blvd,Pleasanton,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment